by Florence Koster
For this project I used McCalls's M6466, which contained 4 different skirts and 4 different tops so you can mix and match your own personalized dress.
The trickiest part was making the skirt. The underskirt is made of pink tricot, over that came (only) two layers of tule and the topping was made of the organza. The original skirt McCall's wanted you to make contained 6 layers of tule. But since I already had used 15 meters of tule and spent 25 euro's on the tule I decided two layers were enough. My old sewing machine had a hard time punching itself through all those layers.
The top was quite easy. Underneath the sequin fabric I put a strapless top since the sequin fabric was transparant.
The dress turned out better than expected, even though I made a few mistakes.
You must be logged in to post a comment